It’s not uncommon for couples to have trouble communicating, feel lonely, or feel disconnected within a marriage or long-term relationship. If your relationship is struggling, couples therapy in Palo Alto can help you recover your relationship.
Sometimes, as a couple, you can just get stuck. Are you having the same argument over and over? In couples therapy you may be able to break the pattern. Instead of repeating the responses that just make you feel frustrated, you can learn to get along better, to work together more effectively as a couple, to trust each other more, and to achieve greater intimacy.
What you can expect in couples therapy
I use techniques to help you understand yourself better and to help you understand your partner. You can each learn to understand your partner’s vulnerabilities and emotional needs so that you can be more supportive of each other.
- Create a more fulfilling and nurturing relationship
- Discover shared goals
- Break negative patterns by making small but significant changes
- Increase intimacy and respect
- Increase satisfaction in and from the relationship
- Learn to trust again
- Honest and open communication
We can set a therapy plan that meets your needs. In many cases, couples find that in a few sessions, long-term change that makes life so much better can be achieved and nurtured.
You will learn how to manage challenges and disagreements without descending into the kind of arguments that lead nowhere. The skills that you learn in therapy, the listening skills, and the empathy skills, will help you navigate the challenges that life and time present.
Learn how to disagree, and how to make your partner feel loved
You can argue, and disagree, in a respectful and constructive way. You can learn to make room to hear your partner’s needs, and learn how to express your own needs. Learn how to state your needs in a way that your partner can hear.
In therapy, you and your partner can learn practical ways to give and receive love and appreciation. You and your partner can move towards feeling cared for, appreciated, and loved.
You will take away from therapy sessions practical skills that you can apply at home right away to start improving your relationship.
- Reveal yourself with each other and increase intimacy
- Learn to understand each other’s emotional needs
- Learn positive, healthy ways to deal with conflict
- Coping skills for issues in the relationship
- Get back to a better relationship
- Learn to focus on the positive
- Getting out of the cycle of blaming and attacking
- Learning to ask for and give forgiveness
Take the first step towards a better relationship
Call today or fill out the contact form and click Send.Please like and share this post!